Tamilnadu has ethic culture and Heritage sites. Tamilnadu has 8 Heritage places.
The land of tamils Tamil Nadu is one of the 29 States of India. Chennai is the capital of Tamil Nadu. Chennai formerly known as Madras. Tamilnadu is sorounded by kerala , karnadaka from west, andhra pradesh from north, indian ocen from south and bay of bangal from east.
Tamil nadu has the third largest urbanised population i the country after Maharastira.
Classical Language Tamil
Tamil was declared as Classical Language by UNESCO. The other top 10 oldest language in the world
World Heritage Sites in TamilNadu
Tamilnadu has 5 UNESCO Declared World heritage sites .
- Prihadeeswarar /Big Temple in Tanjavur (1987)
- Gangai Konda Cholapuram in Jayamkondan(1987)
- Airavatesvara Temple at Darasuram(1987)
- Monuments at Mamallapuram(1984)
- Nilgiri Mountain Train (2005)
And List of tentative sites for recognition of World heritage sites
- Srirangam Sri Ranganathar Temple
- St.Georgr Fort, Chennai
- Chettinad village
- Kazhugumalai Rock sculpture
- Pulicat lake
- Padmanabapuram palace
Famous city of tamil nadu
- The Nilgiris
Tourist spots In Tamil Nadu
Top Hill Stations in Tamil nadu
Hill stations are perfect place to relax and refreshing minds. The popular hill station are listed here.
- Kallroyan hills,
- Samanar Hills
Wild Life Safari and National Parks in Tamil Nadu
Tamilnadu has 5 National declared parks
- Gulf of Mannar
- Guindy National Park located in heart city of Chennai
River In Tamil Nadu
The famous Rivers in tmilnadu are Kaveri, Bhavani, Vagai River, Thamirabarani, Palar, Noyal, Cheyyar
Beaches in TamilNadu
Merina Beach is world second longest beach.
List of beaches in Tamilnadu are listed here,
- Merina Beach
- Elliot Beach
- Govalang Beach
- Rameshwaram beach
- Kanyakumari beach
Water falls in tamilnadu
Famous and Beautiful falls in tamilnadu are listed here,
- Courtralam falls
- hoganakkal falls
- Chinnakallar falls in valparai pollachi
- Monkey falls in valparai to pollachi road
- Agayagangai falls in kollihills namakkal
- Agasthiyar falls/ Papanasam falls in Papanasam
- Ayyanar falls in rajapalayam
Famous and Ancient Temples in Tamil Nadu
Tamilnadu has Lot world heritage site of temples and ancient temples .
- Madurai Meenachiyamman Temple,
- Srirangam Ranganathar Temple , Samayapuram Mariyamman Temple in Tiruchirappalli
- Chidamparam Natarajar Temple,
- Thanjai Pragadeeswar Temple,
- Thiruvannamalai Arunachaleswar Temple,
- Palani Murugan Temple,
- Thiruchendur murugan tempe,
- Maruthamalai murugan temple,
- Thiruthani murugan temple,
- Thiruvalliputtur Andal Temple
- Mamallupuram Shore temple, Panja rathas,
- gangai konda cholapuram Temple in Kumbakonam, Chettinadu sittannavasal cave temple,
- Vellure Jalakandeswarar Temple
Palaces and Fort in Tamil Nadu to visit
- Fort St. George in Chennai . This fort is very first fort build by British in India. Now it is administrative office of the legislative Assembly of Tami Nadu.
- Tanjavour Royal Palace and Maratha Palace,
- Chettinadu Palace in chettinad
- Madurai Thirumalai Naicker palace and Mangammal palace
- The Fern hills palace OOTY
- Padmanabapuram palace in Kanyakumari
- Vellure Fort with Jalakandeswarar temple
- Truchi Rock Fort with Uchi Pillaiyar Kovil and siva temple,
- Namakkal Fort
The day temperature in WINTER SEASON varies from 19′ C to 32′ C and this temperature goes to 21′ C to 37 ‘ C.
The maximum temperature goes upto 40’ C in the month of May and june.
Monsoon comes to Tamilnadu twice in a year . North East Monsoon comes from june to septemper with North east wind. And the south west monsoon comes from October to December with South west wind. Heavy rain Occurs in October to December.
Festivals in Tamilnadu
Important festivals in tamilnadu are Pongal, Deepavali,Karthigai Deepam, Thaipoosam, Tamil new year, aadi Perukku, Vinayakr chudurthi, Velankanni festival, mahamagham, Thiruvaiyaru festival, Sivarathiri, Vaikunda ekathasi
Best time to visit to Tamil Nadu is from December to March.
Important OFFICIAL website links for Tamilnadu government.
- For getting tnpsc jobs Tamilnadu Public Commision
- Apply Jobs for TNPSC
- For Employment Registration
- Smart Card Correction, New Card online application
- RTO Works ,DL,LLR Duplicate licence, etc.,
- For Getting Online FIR Copy
- TNEB Online Payment
- Patta chitta works